[mythtv-users] Wireless?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Jan 25 07:07:42 UTC 2007

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Save yourself some trouble and buy a wireless bridge (google for it).
> Dlink and Netgear and others sell them.  It connects to the wireless
> network for you and offers your PC an ethernet connection.  Just use a
> short CAT5 cable and you're golden.  No messing with wireless drivers
> under Linux

I've seen the caveat that the bridge and the access point should be the
same brand, so you might want to take this into account.  Apparently
this configuration is a bit non-standard and vendor-dependent.  My
Linksys WAP54G, for example, warns that the access point also must be a
Linksys for it to work in bridge or ap-client mode.