[mythtv-users] Upgrade Options for $150

Nate Crosno nate at crosno.net
Wed Jan 24 18:25:59 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2007, at 10:52 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>> good luck with the JetWay board, I've heard poor things but if it
>> works for you then who cares right?
>> As for the 3400+, it should be more than enough to run HD without XvMC
>> and deinterlacing, search this list for the "UseEvents" setting.
>> If this same system is running your backend I'd recommend using an
>> HDHomeRun for recording over a PCI ATSC tuner, both to save processing
>> power and to save room for a PVR-150/PVR-500.
>>

> A lot of the Jetway boards have VIA chipsets so that might be some of
> the problem. They are pretty cheap boards, you get what you pay for
> after all.

Yep we'll see. I'll report back what I find.  I could not find a board
with what I wanted even at a moderately higher price (I stopped looking
at $100) and I also checked out other socket types. 7 out of 13 reviews
were Excellent. The people who posted poor reviews seem to have had
problems with initial quality/setup (DOA, etc). I figure as long as I
can get it working in the first few days, I should be in the clear.

If I can ever get the IPTV working, I can sell my PVR-150 (currently
getting svid input from the Amino STB) and then sell my ATI HD Wonder to
trade it in for an HDHomeRun.

Thanks,
-Nate