[mythtv-users] setting MythTV to wake up at the right time

Yves de Brauer ydebx2 at free.fr
Wed Jan 24 17:16:09 UTC 2007

I have a problem I would like to solve.

I use nvram-wakeup to wake up the backend for recording. But some time
the beginning of a show is missing.

After some search, I discovered that it is like MythTV do not take into
account the "start early" I put in the recording rules to wake up the
computer at the right time.

For example, I set the backend to wake up 2 minutes before a recording
as it takes about 1 minute to be on.
If a TV show is forecast at 01:10, MythTV set the backend to wake up at
01:08, OK.
Now if I put a start early of 5 minutes because that channel is not very
reliable, I expect the backend to wake at 01:03 and start recording at
01:05. Unfortunately It awakes at 01:08 as before and starts recording
at about 01:09 when it is on.

Note: When I stop the Backend with the mythwelcome command "Shutdown
Now" It set the right time to wake up I.e. 01:03.....

What is the correct setting? Is it a bug?  Please help.

Yves