[mythtv-users] Wireless?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 16:22:18 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I'm building my girlfriend a myth box.

She doesn't have (or want) cable or internet--her neighbors are nice enough to let her mooch wireless from them.  Does anyone forsee any problems with putting a wireless NIC in the box so it can get its nightly updates from Zap2It?

It would also be nice if the recordings could be shared out via samba so she could copy recordings to her laptop--can this be done over wireless?  I confess I don't know enough about wireless in general, much less on redhat, to know if you can connect to the box without a WAP mediating for you.  I also wonder about security concerns--I want to restrict access to the box to her laptop alone, so maybe a VPN setup is in order...but she's not a geek so it can't be too complicated!

Any advice is welcome.

Best regards,
Pete