[mythtv-users] last 2 problems with mythTV setup

Lists lists at insaneprogramming.com
Wed Jan 24 01:20:00 UTC 2007

Dear Mythtv-Users,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this project,
it seems to be very smooth running up until my last 2 issues.

    1) The buffered video playback from mythTV's Live TV is too fast, it's a
little faster then realtime, so when I reverse time "[" I actually catchup
to live TV and get prebuffering Pause for about 1-2 seconds , then the video
starts to play and catches up almost instantly. I noticed that even when I
reverse time for about 30-40 seconds I catchup to live TV in about 45-60
seconds.

    2) High pitched chimpmunk voices on only MythTV. I posted about this
before and Richard Anderson recommended that I try and change the sampling
rate recorded by mythTV. I couldn't find the sampling rate in the
mythtv-setup, but I think that these 2 problems are related.

I have tried with "Extra Audio Buffering" checked and unchecked and I've
also tried with the syncing audio to video checked and unchecked

lspci reports that the card I am using is a:

01:07.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video
Broadcast Decoder (rev f0)

I am using the SAA7134 video/sound drivers, could this be the source of the
issue?

Loads on the machine are low 0.10 - 0.15 when recording/watching.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know to get a better
diagnostic from my machine and I'll be happy to send the information along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Justin