[mythtv-users] HDMI cable question

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Jan 23 22:34:16 UTC 2007

Edgar Sigal wrote:

> Part I
>
> If I am using the HDMI cable to carry video signal between my cable
> box (SA8300) and my TV, is there any difference between a cheap cable
> and a high priced one.
>
> My thinking is that since this is a digital signal (and the run is
> short) there should be no difference.

Digital is digital is digital.  The signal either gets there or it
doesn't.  I am using $9 DVI-HDMI cables with no problem.  There's
absolutely no point in paying $100+ for those Monster Cable ripoff
things at Best Buy....

> Part II
>
> Is the audio signal digital? If so does the same logic appy?

Good question.  I don't know.  I don't use TV sound as the TV speakers
are crap.  I run OK quality analog cables to my amp.

--Yan