[mythtv-users] Recording Grouping feature in .20 question

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jan 23 20:10:45 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 09:35:32AM -0500, A JM wrote:
> For instance how would do this if I had 2 drives in a backend, the
> first drive has a `/video/recordings` directory and the 2nd drive is
> basically blank and I want to use the whole drive for storage, like
> adding a drive to an LVM?

If you are running SVN with Storage Groups, then your system was
automatically upgraded to convert your old RecordFilePrefix to a 'Default'
Storage Group.

Take the second drive and partition and format it and mount the filesystem
on /video/recordings2.  Then go into mythtv-setup on the backend and go
in to the Storage Groups screen, hit ENTER on the Default Storage Group,
then on the Default Storage Group screen, hit ENTER on the "Add" entry.
This will pop up a dialog box asking you for the name of the new directory
to use.  Fill in /video/recordings2 and accept it.  The new
/video/recordings2 directory should now be listed along with the original
/video/recordings directory.  ESCape out of the Storage Groups screens,
restart the backend, and you're all set.  If you are changing the Storage
Groups for a slave backend, you might want to restart the master to be
safe, but this shouldn't be required.

> If I have a slave backend and it has a directory `/recordings` how
> would I incorporate that into the same group?

If you want to let the master use it, then you need to cross-mount that
filesystem on the master.  If you only want it to be used on the slave
and it was your original RecordFilePrefix directory then Myth will already
be using it.  If it is new, then you can use the same procedure above
on the slave to add the directory to the Default Storage Group on
the slave.

--
Chris