[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate Warranty support *Warning*

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:02:22 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Jaz Singh <jazee at tds.net> wrote:
> I am forwarding a message I got from Seagate regarding warranty of my drives.  We are all storage hogs, and probably all run drives 24x7, so warranty is a concern.  I figured that you may want to know about this...
>
> I purchased a drive in December 2006, and wanted to see what the Seagate site said about expiration of warranty.  To my surprise, it ends in Feb 2008!! (Only 1 year and 2 months)
> SN: 6PT0SS37
> Model: ST3160023AS

You must have purchased a drive with a 1 year warrantee if not I would
complain to the vendor that sold you the drive. Current drives have 1,
3 or 5 year warrantees and you normally pay a little more for the
longer warrrantee. I only pruchase drives with 5 year warrantees but I
guess if any of them died 4 to 5 years from the purchase date I
probably would not even want a replacement as the drive would  be very
slow and small compared to what was current.

John