[mythtv-users] Verify Lossless MPEG-2?

Philip Murnane pmurnane at cableone.net
Tue Jan 23 17:37:08 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm running svn mythtv-0.20-fixes from around 2007-01-15 on Ubuntu 6.06
using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250, and would like to verify that
mytharchive is using lossless mpeg-2 when burning a dvd from a recording
with a cutlist.

I can't find anywhere in the logs where the "-mpeg2" flag appears.  Is
there someplace I can look to make sure the transcoding is lossless?
I'm guessing it is, since CPU utilization stays about 40% on my P4 2.8G
HT, but I'd like to make sure.  Lossless transcoding is selected in
Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV Settings->Recording
Profiles->Transcoders->Autodetect from MPEG2, and I select Don't
re-encode on mytharchive's Items Selected for Archive screen.

TIA,
--Phil