[mythtv-users] Bad program categories

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 16:11:21 UTC 2007

I've turned EIT on for my radio channels to try and get program info:

Mandriva 2007, stock package (0.20), Mysql 5.0, DVB-T, UK.

Somehow, since I did that, I have noticed that the categories assigned
to some of the programs are incorrect. If one goes:

Manage Recordings -> Schedule -> Search Lists -> Films

practically every other program on channel 708 (BBC Radio 7) is flagged
as a film, as well as some on 704 (BBC Radio 4). I also get a few
oddballs on one or two of the TV channels - 21 (TMF) seems to be the
worst offender with half-hour episodes of cheers flagged as movies.

The 'pollution' of the movies list makes it difficult to find real
feature films. Anybody got any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Side issue, is there any list of xmltvids for UK radio stations
available so I can fill them in and turn off EIT? The standard install
recognises radio stations in the multiplexes but the UK grabber doesn't
seem to have radio info.

Mike Perkins