[mythtv-users] Ubuntu / Kubuntu

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jan 23 10:31:22 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 11:16, David Campbell wrote:
> Damian Surr wrote:
> > Thanks Dave,
> >
> > I'll probably use Ubuntu as that seems to have the biggest user base to
> > get things rolling.
> > I may try to add Kubuntu later (although I did that once before and apps
> > in menu ended up very messy).
> > I'd also like to put Edbuntu on for the kids, but don't know if that's
> > possible.
> > I've tried Xbuntu, but not openbox. I'll look into that if my system is
> > sluggish.
>
> You can always just apt-get install kwin to add kde to Ubuntu.
edubuntu-desktop - edubuntu desktop system
kubuntu-desktop - Kubuntu desktop system
ubuntu-desktop - The Ubuntu desktop system
xubuntu-desktop - Xubuntu desktop system

"apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" will install the kubuntu desktop.
On the graphical login page you can choose the window manager.

Stef