[mythtv-users] Quiet Socket A CPU cooler, UK

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:30:54 UTC 2007

On 23/01/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm struggling to find a quiet cooler for my CPU because my kit is a bit
> out of date. I'm using an AMD Athlon 1.2Gig chip on a Abit KT7-Raid
> (socket A) motherboard.

When I had this situation (I needed a quiet cooler for an Intel S370
slave machine) I looked on ebay for a Zalman CNPS6000-AlCu. I managed
to pick one up and it was very quiet. It's not used at the moment, but
was in nearly new condition when I bought it so it's definately worth
checking ebay as more users upgrade and offload cooling gear for older

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: