[mythtv-users] Ubuntu / Kubuntu

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Tue Jan 23 10:11:56 UTC 2007

> I am using Kubuntu without many big problems yet.  You will of course be
> using the same underlying packages for myth.  The window manager is
> pretty irrelevant imvho, in fact I have the mythtv user using openbox as
> it's window manager just to cut down on the amount of processes being run.

Thanks Dave,

I'll probably use Ubuntu as that seems to have the biggest user base to
get things rolling.
I may try to add Kubuntu later (although I did that once before and apps
in menu ended up very messy).
I'd also like to put Edbuntu on for the kids, but don't know if that's
possible.
I've tried Xbuntu, but not openbox. I'll look into that if my system is
sluggish.

Damian