[mythtv-users] xbox recommendations

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Tue Jan 23 08:12:00 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> One other thing that's different is that the UI is controlled via the
> gamepad, not a remote control.

Since when? I've been using it for couple of years with remote control
(OFA) just fine.

My 2 cents: I think xbmcmythtv is a great addition if you already own
a xbox and run mythtv. But I would not buy xbox just for watching
mythtv. It's too clumsy and noisy for that compared to small pc
running mythfrontend. But since I had xbox before I had mythtv I'm
glad such a choice (xbmcmythtv) is available. I and my kids use it
daily for watching recordings.

The noise does not go away even by changing the fan to a bigger one.
For some reason the plastic box just resonates so much. And the linux
on xbox I forgot after couple of trials. The box has way too little
memory to run X, it is too slow to boot and too hard to control with
remote for everyday use.

 - i