[mythtv-users] hdhr and power loss during recording

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Jan 23 04:42:16 UTC 2007

Greets.

I was playing around with my new HD Homerun tonight and was pleased
with how easy it was to setup with vlc under linux. That got me
thinking about using it with MythTV though, since it is an external
device.

A working setup means that the HDHR, network switch, and mythtv
backend all need to have power. if say the HDHR or the network switch
loose power, but not the MythTV backend, how will recording in
progress be affected? Can I expect MythTV "reacquire" access to the
HDRD after the device resets itself and then continue recording?

Anyone up for a simple experiment? Set MythTV to record then during
the recording pull the power on the HDHR. Was the signal reacquired
and did recording continue? Try the same experiment but interrupt
power to the network switch instead. Repeat both experiments but with
watching live TV instead. Did the results change?

I'll guess I'll be trying all this myself once the 5 port switch
arrives.

--
Scott