[mythtv-users] using irexec in Lirc

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Tue Jan 23 04:38:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to use my IR blaster to control power, vol, and muting with my MCE remote.

the remote works great in myth but not in mplayer or the irexec.  Here is what i have in my lircrc file

begin
prog = irexec
button = VolDown
config = /home/mitchell/.mythtv/Lirc_scripts/vol-
end

# Power Off/Exit
begin
prog = irexec
button = Power
config = /home/mitchell/.mythtv/Lirc_scripts/powerMCE
end

# Power Off/Exit
begin
prog = irexec
button = Mute
config = /home/mitchell/.mythtv/Lirc_scripts/mute
end

And the ./mythtv/lircrc file is linked to my home directory and the roots home.

I have 3 remote def. in the /etc/lircd.conf file

mceusb,   Onkyo_RC-632M, and infocus screenplay 5000.

Whats the problem?

Thanks,
Mitchell