[mythtv-users] Jerkey DVD playback

Chris Tracy mythtv at adiemus.org
Tue Jan 23 02:00:44 UTC 2007

	Just thought I'd add that I too am seeing very subtle stuttering
when playing DVD isos over the network in myth's internal player
(svn-0.20-fixes from Jan 20).  It's most visible when there's lots of
motion on-screen, particularly with pans.  On the same box using xine
(0.99.4) to playback the same ISO, there's no stuttering.

	Same issue on all three boxes I've tested: 3GHz P4, 2.1GHz Athlon
XP, 2.1GHz P-M.

	I don't suppose myth's player supports something similar to
mplayer's "-cache" option, does it?

	Chris