[mythtv-users] Downgrading Master to Slave

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Jan 23 00:10:57 UTC 2007

I've built a new kick-ass server that I want to make my new MythTV master
backend. I'm not sure what the steps are for downgrading my existing Master
Backend&Frontend box to be a slave.

In this process I'd like to move the MySQL database from the current host to
the new server.

I've got the new server successfully running mythbackend and MySQL with a new
HD tuner.

I've seen the notes at:
but I don't want to move to new hardware. I want to keep the existing SD
tuners and storage and slave them to the new server without losing all the
existing recordings.

Kirk Bocek