[mythtv-users] Messed up DB connection!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:44:08 UTC 2007

Calling all gurus.

I have been running a local network at home for a long time.  I had
myth setup so that any machine on my local network could connect.  I
did this so I could be anywhere in the house and schedule recordings,
etc.  My home network had always been on as that was
the default network in my router, gateway being

However, lately I have been using my notebook at work and their
default network is, so I have reconfigured my home
network to the so that it would be easier to connect
the their network.

I have reconfigured my broadband router, local dns servers, and all
machines on the network.  From my masterbackend I can connect locally
via that machine, but now none of my remote machines can connect.  The
following error is what I get from a command line if I run

Database error was:
Host '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

I thought that when I reconfigured the system that MySQL would just
attach to the new interface address and all would be fine, not!

I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at