[mythtv-users] black screen

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Mon Jan 22 18:42:17 UTC 2007

Paulo Rocha wrote:
> Can someone point to a good source for information about the dreaded black
> screen. I'm new to myth and this forum can not view live tv, but I can go in
> after and view the recording via an mpeg player.
>
> I've goggled this but I haven't found any posting or site that's been able to
> help me.
>

> Thanks
>

> Paul

I would check some stuff at:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-10.html and also play around
with the Playback settings, if your recording, watching, and your
booting into a GUI then it's going to be a simple setting in MythTV
settings that will get you fixed up. I had this problem with an early
version of .16 or something but I can't, for the life of me, remember
how I resolved the issue. I think I had to tell Myth to use a different
codec... not 100% sure though.

Josh

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.