[mythtv-users] HD / SD shared backend?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:51:13 UTC 2007

I haven't been around the mailing list over the last few months, so
please excuse me if I'm asking a much-repeated question.

Since I picked up an HDTV-capable CRT projector, I am getting ready to
move into the HDTV world.  I currently have a combo frontend/backend
system.  I want to eventually have at least two other frontends, but
it'll be a while before I'll be able to have those be HD-capable.
What is the general consensus as to handle the HDTV recordings?  Is it
possible to record both HD and SD versions of shows?  Can Myth be set
up so that the SD-only frontends can only see SD shows in the program
listing?  Should I transcode the HD shows to a more SD-friendly
resolution?