[mythtv-users] Mythweb WAP workaround

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Jan 22 12:52:43 UTC 2007

Around about 19/01/07 22:44, Mark H typed ...
> (Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post!)
>   I used to be able to use my cell phone to schedule recordings in
> previous versions of mythweb. It doesn't work anymore and is a known
> problem. I tried to follow posts on mythtv-users, editing init.php and
> mobile.php, but nothing worked. I couldn't fix it, but I made a nice
> work around.

   I don't know if you tried this (or even exactly what problem you're
fixing) but a semi-recent (0.20) change that associates themes more rigidly
with usernames (i.e., use your login from a normal browser, then you'll
never get the WAP theme for that user enen on a phone) has a more easy work
around (in fact I believe that svn has this 'fixed';  it has better WAP
detection).

   Simply add a special htaccess user you'll only use over WAP (say
mythwap), and never use that login from a normal browser.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature