[mythtv-users] switching to Ubuntu from Fedora???

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 03:16:54 UTC 2007

Hey Folks.

   Long time no chat. Anyway, I have been thinking about switching from
Fedora to Ubuntu. I did a reinstall on my main front end about 3-4 month ago
(upgraded from FC3 to FC4, FC5 would not install and six was not out yet)
and ever since I did that I noticed my machine is noticeably slower at
everything. Since a hardware upgrade is not in the budget I thought that
would try something new. I hear good things about Ubuntu and I have hopes
that this will resolve my speed issue.

    So I guess the question is, has anyone done this and if so what did you
think of the change? Also what is the install/setup like on Ubuntu?

   For reference the machine in question is an Athalon64 3500 with 512meg
ram and 400gig drive space (two 200s using software raid 0)

  Thanks folks.

Brian.