[mythtv-users] 2 quick questions

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 22 00:55:44 UTC 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 1:03 PM, Sebastian Buks wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to this list and MythTV. I have been thinking the last few
> days
> to migrate my HTPC from MediaPortal (windows) to MythTV. Basically
> because of stability and utilization of linux. So I started looking
> into
> this and there are a few questions that needs to be answered first.
>
> 1. Is the Hauppague HVR-1300 MCE supported?
> 2. Is there a Last.fm plugin available for MythTV (this is probably
> the
> best thing since the car)

Unfortunately I can't answer either question, but I can offer some
advice.

Sometime in the future somebody will be looking to find out if an
HVR-1300 MCE is supported, and like a good boy he will start by
searching the list archives.

He would probably never think to look for a subject header of "2
quick questions" to find the thread that interests him.

Yes of course he could search message bodies etc., but the task has
been made needlessly difficult. The best bet would probably have been
to split your request into 2 messages, one for each question.

Please do not take offense, I am as guilty of this as anyone here so
I am chastising myself as much as you and the rest of us.

Let's all try and make meaningful subject lines a priority, and when
we finally do get answers post a summary with SOLVED in the subject
but in the same thread.