[mythtv-users] Error running optimize_mythdb.pl...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 22 00:33:11 UTC 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 2:13 PM, A JM wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when trying to run any of the scripts
> in the contrib folder perl is installed as far as I know but I'm still
> getting an error.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> [root at myth contrib]# ./optimize_mythdb.pl
> Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

Certainly looks like it isn't finding MythTV.pm. I'd try to find out
if the file exists in your system and, if it does, why perl isn't
looking for it in the right place.

You could just copy it or link it to the location where perl is
looking (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6...)

Use locate to find the missing file perhaps?

But I'm certainly no perl expert, I'm just reading what the error
message told you.

Knowing what distro, Myth version etc., and how you installed Myth
might help but the problem is simply a missing or misplaced MythTV.pm
perl module file.