[mythtv-users] Picture in Picture (PIP)

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Jan 21 20:10:55 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Rich West wrote:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Keybindings
>> Odd.. I came across that earlier, I just thought it might have been
>> out
>> of date or something since I wasn't able to get it to work. :(  I'll
>> just have to keep fighting with it..
> Mainly it's the V, B and N keys you should be interested in. They
> work for me on a 0.19 system, both from a KB and mapped from a
> Hauppauge remote.
> You might try bring up PiP from the on-screen menu while watching
> live TV and see what happens.
> There are some potential gothchas, if you're using XvMC PiP won't
> work right, if one tuner is an MPEG-2 unit and another MPEG-4 (like a
> Plextor) you might have trouble.

I just walked over and plugged a keyboard in to the FE.  Hitting "v"
worked just fine.  After fiddling with things for about 15 minutes and
not getting any where, I tried simply re-typing the section in the
lircrc file that I had previously used cut-n-paste in to place, and
viola!  It is working.

There must have been some control character or other hidden character in
place that mythtv didn't like..