[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Media Center - funny

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:30:49 UTC 2007

Interesting. I have a workmate, (we are both in IT support), who after being
pusuaded by me, in his limited spare time has been setting up a mythbox
based on a barebones Media center PC manufactured by FIC. In the UK it was
sold by Elonex until they went bust.

He's been getting frustrated, and obtained a copy of MCE to see if it fared
any better with his hardware, which was designed as an MCE platform, and
like yourself it did not discover half the hardware and failed to launch
full stop.

He then chucked the latest knoppmyth on it, and had a working system minus
the channel setup in about 40 minutes. He's some back to the right side of
the tracks.

gary