[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing Methods

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jan 21 15:38:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 11:41 +0100, Wim Fokkens wrote:

> nVidia has another library which
> > they call PureVideo, it is much better and is probably what
> > is being used in your MyTheater system

> >but it is not available on Linux unless you pay a good deal of money for
> >it.
> So it is available? What are the options here and how much money are we
> talking about.

I don't think they will talk to you unless you are shipping a
few million units, but then I think it is only a few dollars
per unit. They sell individual licenses to Windows users for
$20. (They also offer an audio decoder which jumps the price
to $50, but I assume that's just due to licensing cost.)

-- Daniel