[mythtv-users] MythFrontend on OSX + MPEG2 on OSX

Christian Beer chbeer at web.de
Sun Jan 21 08:30:45 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

first of all i'd like to thank every developer that helped building
this fine product! It's working like a charm - at least on my
dedicated linux+mythtv box!!

Now to my problems:

I have a MacBook as my primary computer and had the idea to install
mythfrontend on it. So I did a svn checkout and ran "mythtv/contrib/
OSX/osx-packager.pl" which worked and did not give any errors. But
calling MythFrontend.app afterwards gives this:

dyld: Symbol not found: _otv_module_class
   Referenced from: /Users/christian/development/mythtv/mythtv/
contrib/OSX/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/
freetype.framework/freetype
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

What could that be? What can I do?

Second question: As I try to watch the recorded shows (recorded using
DVB-S) via NFS my quicktime hangs and I have to quit it brutal. So I
googled a bit and found out that one has to install a quicktime
plugin for watching mpeg2.

What are your experiences with watching mpeg2 on OSX? Do you use
something like mplayer or vlc?

Thanks!
Christian