[mythtv-users] DVB Radio

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Jan 21 04:09:07 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/01/07, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> > -Ubuntu 6.10
> > -Mythtv .20 (default ubuntu package)
> > -Australia
> > -Leadtek DVB 1000T card
> >
> > In the release notes for .20 it notes that it supports DVB radio
> > stations.  I've tested using tzap, and can tune to the local DVB radio
> > stations.  However, when I try to tune to them on mythtv one of two
> > things happens:
> > 1. It tells me it can't tune the channel, to try another channel
> > 2. Mythbackend crashes (this is on one of the stations I don't listen
> > to, so I don't care about it, but thought I would mention it)
> >
> > So it seems it does "support" it (older versions wouldn't add them to
> > the scan table) but how do I actually listen to the radio?
>
> One issue I had when DVB radio support was added was needing to ensure
> the recording profile (via mythtv-setup) was NOT set to 'TV' for the
> card. Using the 'TV' profile requires at least 1 video stream to be
> present, which my UK-based DVB-T radion recordings do not have,
> causing any recordings and LiveTV listening to fail. Setting the
> profile to 'All' cured this.

1. I cannot find anything about recording profiles in mythtv-setup.
Could you maybe tell me the menu structure to look under?

2. Under recording profiles in mythfrontend (in the options section)
there are only options about "Recording Type" which lists "Normal,"
"Tv Only", and "Audio Only."  Mine was set up on "Normal".

3. When I try to change to a DVB radio channel, the backend log says this:
"2007-01-21 15:04:04.459 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
                        But have 1 audio and 0 video streams"

Any ideas?