[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 audio problems

Chris Costa ccosta at alumni.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 20 22:29:36 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am putting together a backend system comprising of 2 hauppauge cards (1x
150, 1x 350 - that I happened to get 2 years ago before thinking of playing
with myth) for SD input and one pcHDTV-5500 card for HD input.  I have
gotten udev to play nicely with the three cards and mythtv automatically
recognizes each of the three.  I haven't hooked up the hdtv antenna yet in
the attic, so I am right now just testing out the sd inputs.

Doing a cat on /dev/video1 (the 150) to a test mpg file results in audio and
video getting played.
Doing a cat on /dev/video0 (the 350) results in only video.

This machine has no sound card, (and no more plain-old PCI expansion slots),
and I am despretely trying to get the 350 to transfer its sound content
accross the pci bus.  Any suggestions?  (I am obviously transferring the
files over to a machine that does have audio outputs to test :) The idea
will be simple (read: quiet, cheap, small) frontend units will be doing the
playback)

Thanks,
Chris