[mythtv-users] Nvidia tv out

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Jan 20 21:07:26 UTC 2007

j mccord wrote:
> Im having problems getting my  X session to fill my tv screen.  There
> is a black bar that runs down the left side and top and bottom.  The
> screen is actually over the edge on the right side.

Use the driver from www.nvidia.com. This includes a utility
called "nvidia-settings". In the section for TV-0, the first
slider is TV Overscan. This will change the X display area
on the fly. If the picture is off center or warped edges, you
would need to adjust the TV set. Goggle for "service mode"
and the model number of your TV.

My apologies for the wrong answers and the run around.

--  bjm