[mythtv-users] OT: Help me upgrade my mythbox (Chris Ribe)

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Sat Jan 20 18:22:37 UTC 2007

Thank you for your suggestions.  I do see a few potential problems with
this setup though.  There are only 3 PCI slots.  That leaves room for my
PVR-350 PVR-500 and a sound card.  In the future if I wanted to add HD i
would not have room for these tuners.  That may or may not be a
problem.  Also if i'm upgrading the whole machine, I'd be willing to put
in a bit of my own money (up to $100) also opening up my options.  I'm
thinking it would be better to move to a PCI-express video
card/motherboard in order to keep the machine forward compatible as long
as possible as AGP seems to be a dieing technology.  Do you have any
suggestions on a montheboard/graphics card that could fit these needs?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.