[mythtv-users] Is this possible?

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Sat Jan 20 07:13:37 UTC 2007

> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:46:11 -0500
> From: cpinkham at bc2va.org
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Is this possible?
>
> * On Fri Jan 19, 2007 at 09:18:33PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > > My current test code adds a 'recordedfile' table.  Adding another copy
> > > of the recording is as simple as inserting a new record into that
>
> > I had mentioned this a couple of months back, but was met with
> > silence. I'm happy to see you've got it in the works! I would be
>
> I must have missed it or either I replied with a link to the script
> I posted a while back that let you keep the transcoded copy as
> another recording in Myth by duplicating all the recording info
> and offsetting the time by a second.  Total hack, but I think
> it accomplished what someone was looking for when I posted it.
>
> > thrilled to keep full-res HD for watching just on my living room
> > front end and make everyone else watch a transcoded version that
> > doesn't bring their machines to a hault and tie up my network.
>
> Yeah, it will be a long time before all my frontends are HD
> capable so I'd like the same thing.
>
> --
> Chris

How far of do you think this kind of thing is?  MythTV .21? or later?

i think this is really needed being the high hardware demands of HD and all the frontends that cant hadle the load.  Also many people only have one HDTV and use their older SD TV's in other rooms its a waste of hardware to spend $$ to decode HD when your using that SD tv.

Mitchell