[mythtv-users] New house - any advise?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 19 23:38:53 UTC 2007

Tom Lichti wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> And small but good amplifiers seem to have disappeared from view. You
>> may have to visit a pawnshop and pick up a 20 year old amp/receiver for
>> your frontend.
>
> I have a couple of these: http://www.si5.com/products.php?pID=4005
>
> They work very well for their size.
>
> Tom

Oh hell, I get 80 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms out of the old
receiver which I bought for 20 bucks!. OK mine was 'batteries not
included' but did include the remote.

Although I'm still annoyed with myself for selling the AmCrown DC300 I
owned at university. ..you could weld with those.... and get a hernia
moving them..about 60 lbs each. I have no real idea of their power, but
they advertised 150 watts per side, and I think that was into 8 ohms,
and I was driving 4 ohm speakers....Loud

Geoff

No I didn't hear what you said!