[mythtv-users] Is there an analog/HD tuner out there?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:58:59 UTC 2007

>From: Craig Courtney <craig at dawnsedge.com>
>I have 2 of the Kworld 110 cards.  They do not play well doing both
>NTSC and ATSC.  The current drivers does not properly switch inputs.
>It may work for you if you are doing cable / QAM as they would use
>the same input, but I couldn't even get that working properly
>This was all with new install of Gentoo (2.6.18-gentoo-r6 w/ manually
>patch .20 to include NTSC support for 110) earlier this week as well
>as an up to date Fedora Core 6 using atrpms bleeding SVN.  FC 6 just
>released a 2.6.19 package today, but I have not tried that as of
>yet.  Still debating on FC 6, Gentoo, or Ubuntu.

I sometimes have issues when switching inputs in LiveTV, but no problems for
recordings.  I have a couple PVR-150's so I don't use the NTSC tuners on the
Kworld cards often, but every time I've needed them, they worked fine.  I
also see ticket 2822 with a reference to switching between analog and
digital and one changeset committed a week ago.  I haven't updated for 2
weeks so maybe that patch will help.  And for reference I am using QAM.

As for distros I strongly recommend Arch.  It's extremely lean and fast,
always current and has a great selection of packages.  FC 6 and Ubuntu are
bloated in comparison.  Gentoo is nice, but I got tired of constantly

something more.