[mythtv-users] Static in sound from s/pdif

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 19 16:58:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have my Mandravia 2007 running mythtv (from svn).  I am recording SD just fine, however, when I play the file within Mythtv I get static mixed in the sound.  If I play the same file via mplayer (outside of mythtv) it plays just fine.  The same problem exist when I play mythmusic, it produces static when played via mythmusic -- and sounds great when played via mplayer.  I am at a lose of what I should be looking for....  Sound from the system is working correctly (ie: it plays audio outside of mythtv, just fine).  And this problem hasn't always existed.  It just showed up recently, but nothing is being reported on the dev list of such a problem.  And since I have a habit of creating my own issues, I wanted to hold off writing a bug report about it.  So any suggestions of what I should be looking at would be appreciated.

Nasa