[mythtv-users] PVR500 Has Up and Disappeared

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:31:06 UTC 2007

The output of the first command seems good:

lspci -v |grep -B 1 "Hauppauge"
06:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 500 (1st unit)
--
06:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

The output of the second command lsmod |grep "ivtv" is nothing

Given those commands I started to do some searching on the mythtv users list
and found references to a thread with this titile "*Missing video
Devices???" *Which leads me to believe that a yum update may have updated my
kernal, but not installed  ivtv at the same time?

Right now I'm going to update again.. I'll check the two commands after a
reboot and see whats going on.

Thanks many times over for the information.  Up till now I've had plenty of
other problems, but never the PVR500 failing to load.. I had no idea where
to start. (I may have had problems, but everyone out in mail list land have
always been very helpful!)

btw this yum update is moving the kernal from 2.6.18-1.2868.fc6 to
2.6.19-1.2895.fc6.  But that was not necessarily the case before.  I may
have had different problems with 2.6.18 then with 2.6.19.  After this update
I think I'm going to need ivtv .9* installed instead of ivtv .8* installed?