[mythtv-users] Is there an analog/HD tuner out there?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:47:30 UTC 2007

On 18/01/07, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to point out, pcHDTV analog tuners are software tuners, meaning that
> your cpu has to do all the encoding.  Also, I've heard the quality isn't as
> good on these as on the hardware encoders such as the Hauppauge PVR-150, and
> it's always good to have a second tuner.

Are the two inputs on the pcHDTV cards able to operate simultaneously?
I'd take Fred's advice and really consider getting a dedicated
hardware capture card for SDTV to work alongside your HDTV card. I
have DVB-T cards on my system (UK) that also have analogue inputs that
also require software encoding - needless to say I have a PVR-150 for
the non-digital captures from my cable box.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: