[mythtv-users] using nuvexport from another (powerful) machine: "This host not configured for myth"

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:25:13 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Christophe Zwecker <doc at zwecker.de> wrote:
> ah ok very interesting, so I install, myth, mythbackend, libs and so on.
> I just wonder how im supposed to setup the master slave when my server
> doesnt have X installed - its a server....
>
> maybe I just edit the database by "hand"

No. You don't need mythbackend on your remote machine, and you don't
need to set it up as a slave backend. You only need the frontend
packages, and of course nuvexport, ffmpeg and/or transcode.

Trust me, I use my desktop machine to run nuvexport jobs and it only
has the FE modules installed.

Just mount your recordings dir with NFS and set permissions on the
remote machine, and run the MySQL command I gave you earlier on the
Myth BE machine.