[mythtv-users] Browsing Recorded Programs stutters when selecting offline recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:56:33 UTC 2007

Before raising a ticket, I wanted to see if other users see the same
behaviour. I'm using the MythCenter-wide theme on SVN 12477.

When navigating the Recorded Programs listing, any recordings on an
offline backend cause noticeable stuttering (~5s delay) when selecting
the recording or browsing past it. In the past I have also noticed big
delays when using MythWeb to display Recorded Programs when some of
the recordings are hosted on an offline backend.

Is this the correct behaviour? If not, could the master backend be
intelligent enough to realise a slave backend is offline (i.e. it
hasn't annouced itself to the master backend) and so not try to
generate a thumbnail from, or access details of, a remote recording
from an inaccessible backend, and therefore not cause the noticeable
delays?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: