[mythtv-users] New house - any advise?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Jan 18 03:57:06 UTC 2007

Subwoofer cable is fine, but be sure to mark it (I'd suggest a tape  
strip wherever it's exposed) as an audio cable :) You really don't  
want someone to come in later and junction that wire to actual power.


On Jan 17, 2007, at 6:56 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Steven Adeff wrote:
>> Now here's the kicker, if your running wire for a sub-woofer, like my
>> dad's dual 15" woofer's, run regular power cable, like the stuff you
>> use for your outlets! its cheap, thick and perfect for sub-woofer
>> levels of power at the frequencies that will be going through the
>> wire! Much cheaper than buying thick gauge speaker wire.
> That reminded me --  someone told me once that for really heavy-duty
> stuff, like concert PA system speakers, they often use SO cord -- the
> same stuff heavy-duty outdoor extension cords are made from.  It's
> rugged, flexible, and designed to handle a lot of power.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

Drew Bernat
abernat at zathras.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20070117/7b187357/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list