[mythtv-users] Fw: Where is the ivtvdev_drv.o for xorg 7.1?

Malcolm mythtv at v8-ranger.com
Thu Jan 18 02:49:16 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "stephen" <mythmail at rogers.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:16 PM

Hi,

I'm running gentoo (2.6.18-gentoo-r1) with ivtv (0.8.2-r1) and xorg-x11
7.1 with my pvr350's tv out.  I'm also using the binary for which you
provided the link, and things are working great.

What seems to be the problem?

Stephen

Stephen,

On the PVR-350 tv out I just get a black blank screen.  It makes no
difference if I have the ivtv_xdriver file in place or not.  It's as though
it makes no difference.  I have it over here
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.so
Once ivtv-fb loads my screen goes black.  Actually as soon as lirc_i2c loads
my screen flashes green real quick (only if it's from a fresh boot) and then
it's black.  That's all I get.
The card works just fine for capture though.  For now I'm using an nvidia
mx440 for TV out but when I had the pvr-350 tv out working in my old
mandrake 10.0 load the picture quality was so much nicer.
I made an old post with a lot more details and log information.  Let me know
what, if anything, you need re-posted.

Glad to hear someone has it working with xorg 7.1

Thanks
Malcolm