[mythtv-users] Winmyth

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Wed Jan 17 23:06:58 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is very little interest in what you are talking about.
> Dedicated frontend systems work perfectly fine with linux.  How would a
> windows version improve on the linux version?

I could then watch TV using mythtv, and use nvidia's purevideo decoder
for DVDs (or if it was designed right, I could even use purevideo for
watching TV).  PureVideo kicks the snot out of the deinterlacing
options in myth.

> Personally I think the application frontend interface (like mythtv player)
> is perfect for interfacing a windows desktop PC to a mythtv backend.  The
> problem with playing recordings over a samba share is the loss of the
> flagged commercial skipping ability (which mythtv player is able to do).

It wouldn't be hard to interface with something like
mediaplayerclassic to have it automatically run skippoints.