[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR500/PVR350 and Mythsetup

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Wed Jan 17 18:57:01 UTC 2007

Bill wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:29:23 -0800
> Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Bill wrote:
>>> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:54:51 -0800
>>> Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>>>> I had this problem as well. I was trying to use two different lineup
>>>> names associated with the same zap2it lineup. I thought I needed a
>>>> new lineup name for each card, but that's not the case. Just use the
>>>> same settings for each of your capture cards (just name the cards
>>>> themselves differently) and your problem should go away.
>>> I am unfortunately not at that machine right now.  I can remote in  
>>> via ssh, but that only gets me log and database access.  But I  
>>> suspect I have the same name, but cannot recall the exact layout  
>>> off the top of my head.  I believe I just called it zap2it and  
>>> pointed everything at it.
>>> I just trolled my database and I have only one videosource defined,  
>>> and in my capturecard table, they all point to that one.
>>> That being said, it could show completely different things when I  
>>> see it in the GUI.
>>> Thanks for the tip, lets hope it works.
>>> Bill
>> Yeah, I'm pretty sure my issue was in the videosource table. Sorry I  
>> can't be of more help.
> Well, that does give me an inkling of what it could be.  I will check it first thing home.
> It's just very frusterating to get through the "hard part" and then get hung up on something like this.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
I also had this problem a few times as well.  I have not tried to 
recreate it, but I think in my case it was related to a change in ip 
address or name for the box.  I had partially setup a tuner and then 
exited out, then did something setting up the box which changed its 
name.  Then when I went back in it did not list my cards so I set them 
back up, only to get the error you describe.

I think it had the old card still setup but  was not displayed because 
it thought it was on a different machine.  I can't remember if I had to 
delete all capture devices or just dropped the database and started from 

Hope that helps,

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list