[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR500/PVR350 and Mythsetup

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Wed Jan 17 18:57:01 UTC 2007

Bill wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:29:23 -0800
> Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 17, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Bill wrote:

>>> I am unfortunately not at that machine right now.  I can remote in
>>> via ssh, but that only gets me log and database access.  But I
>>> suspect I have the same name, but cannot recall the exact layout
>>> off the top of my head.  I believe I just called it zap2it and
>>> pointed everything at it.
>>>
>>> I just trolled my database and I have only one videosource defined,
>>> and in my capturecard table, they all point to that one.
>>>
>>> That being said, it could show completely different things when I
>>> see it in the GUI.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the tip, lets hope it works.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>
>> Yeah, I'm pretty sure my issue was in the videosource table. Sorry I
>> can't be of more help.
>>

> Well, that does give me an inkling of what it could be.  I will check it first thing home.
>
> It's just very frusterating to get through the "hard part" and then get hung up on something like this.

I also had this problem a few times as well.  I have not tried to
recreate it, but I think in my case it was related to a change in ip
address or name for the box.  I had partially setup a tuner and then
exited out, then did something setting up the box which changed its
name.  Then when I went back in it did not list my cards so I set them
back up, only to get the error you describe.

I think it had the old card still setup but  was not displayed because
it thought it was on a different machine.  I can't remember if I had to
delete all capture devices or just dropped the database and started from
scratch.

Hope that helps,
Craig