[mythtv-users] Can't adjust contrast, brightness etc in Mythtv .20

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Wed Jan 17 16:53:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:18:33AM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 00:01 -0800, Robert Tsai wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 07:40:37PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
> > > Section "Module"

> > >     Load           "v4l"
> > >
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf or whatever file is used for your
> > > X configuration.
> >
> > This didn't do anything for me, either.
>
> Weird. This and the XvmcUsesTextures are the only common problems.
> Can you try downgrading the nVidia drivers to a 7xxx series driver
> (with the XvMCUsesTextures set to false). If that works, this is
> probably a driver issue, otherwise it is probably an X or MythTV
> issue.

This is going to sound like a dumb question. Do these options assume
any particular compiler flags for mythtv? I've been using
--enable-xv --disable-xvmc* --disable-opengl-vsync

I kind of think they don't matter because the code I had gone down
into isn't surrounded by any #ifdefs, but perhaps some side-effect
somewhere has matters?

Anyway, I'll try downgrading to an older driver to see what happens.

Thanks for the tips.

--Rob