[mythtv-users] US MythTV users: will your recordings be 1 hour off on March 11th?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 06:01:07 UTC 2007

> On Jan 16, 2007, at 2:36 PM, Ross Campbell wrote:
>
> > For those who don't know or forgot, daylight savings time rules change
> > in most parts of the US this year... DST will start 3 weeks earlier
> > and end 1 week later thanks to the brilliant minds behind the Energy
> > Policy act of 2005 -
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005
> >
> > So what?!
>
> Good point. I have all my "regular" machines updated but my Myth box
> is running tzdata-2005m-1.fc4.
>
> I guess I have time to figure out how to update this. Thanks for the
> heads up.
>
> To make things even worse there is a bill in the State legislature
> here to eliminate DST totally. Not a bad idea if everyone did it but
> throwing us out of sync with our neighboring states is probably not
> the greatest idea, especially when all of our TV comes from out of
> state.
>
> I really wish the government would stop mucking around with the time :-)

It's nice living in AZ with no DST.  It confuses people from out of
state not knowing how many hours behind we are or whatever, but I
think it's for the best.  I've never liked DST and changing it by a
few weeks is a pain in the butt.  I can imagine the possible pain that
you will have with the broadcasts coming from a different time zone,
sometimes.

Luckily I don't have to deal with my PCs at home, but I do manage a
bunch of servers on the east coast at work and have to deal with them.