[mythtv-users] Channel Up Not Working Properly

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 16 22:38:32 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 2:26 PM, moodyjunk at frontiernet.net wrote:

> Well, I do have 3 tuners and have not tested to see if the problem
> exists on all 3 tuners.  However the problem I described was all on
> one tuner.
>
> Other ideas?
>

> Quoting Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
>
>> On Jan 16, 2007, at 1:54 PM, moodyjunk at frontiernet.net wrote:
>>
>>> If I issue Channel Up starting with channel 2 everything works
>>> fine up
>>> to channel 6, which then recycles back to channel 3.  If I start
>>> Channel Up starting with channel 7, everything works fine up to the
>>> maximum channel, and then recycles back to channel 2 as expected.
>>> Channel Down works fine.  Any ideas where to look for the problem?
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>
>> Do you have 1 tuner that only uses channels 2-6 and another with all
>> the channels?

It sounds like when you start on channel 2, you are using one of your
tuners that only goes up to channel 6. When you start on channel 7,
since that first tuner doesn't have channel 7, it picks another tuner
that does have channel 7 (as well as the rest of your channels).

The fix is to make sure all of your tuners have all of their
appropriate channels. You can not channel up and down across
different tuners. You need to enter the guide and pick a channel from
there or hit Y to cycle to the next tuner available.