[mythtv-users] 2 in 1 - Reputable site / Which HD tuner card?

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:57:45 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Mark Chang <mark.chang at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/16/07, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The HDhomerun is the best HD tuner (as far as I'm concerned).  But it can't
> > tune non digital channels like some of the HD PCI tuners can.
>
> Not to beat a dead horse, but I love my HD Home Run. No driver issues
> is a big win. Plus, IR receiver for free!

Hmm... so does that mean the HD HomeRun sends the IR signals directly
to the Myth box, over cat5?  i.e., it doesn't just change the channel
that one/both of the tuners is currently tuned to, right, just sends
the signals down the network and lirc does it's thing?  Doesn't matter
much for me because I still use a PVR250 with built-in receiver, but
that certainly piques my curiousity.