[mythtv-users] Recomended distro???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 16 20:11:24 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:21 PM, A JM wrote:

> How is SVN handled on gentoo? I'm guessing that all applications are
> compiled from source is that a correct assumption?
>
> On Mythdora and KnoppMyth is Myth installed by RPM or SVN?

MythDora uses RPMs, mainly the ones from Axel I think. An RPM can be
built from any sources, the ones in the SVN repository or the main
release ones.

SVN is a system for keeping track of changes in a source tree while
RPM is a packaging system, so you were really asking something like
"is that an apple or a table" :-)

I would suspect KnoppMyth is built with DEBs as I think it is Debian-
based, but I'm not sure on that one.